Ferns Community Alert
Ferns Community Alert was established in 1997, to provide support and visitation for the elderly and isolated living in our community. This support is twofold:
(A) Keeping an eye on your neighbour and ensuring they are alright, especially in bad weather, e.g. frost, snow, and heavy rains.
- Watching for unusual activity or strangers hanging around and reporting to the Gardaí.
- Calling on your neighbour and spending a while talking with them.
- Encouraging and helping them to take part in community activities. This might mean proving transport to get there.
(B) Support also comes through grants for the elderly, provided by the Department of Community, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs. Application for these grants must be made through the local community alert. These grants cover:
- Socially monitored alarm systems, which are monitored 24hrs a day.
- Window locks, door locks, and door chains.
- External security lighting.
- Smoke Alarms.
For details to access grants through Ferns Community Alert contact: